|Music Application||Music instructor-application
Please submit completed application OR cover letter, resume and references to:
226 Gorham Road
Scarborough, ME 04074
Posted December 20, 2017
Fiddlehead Center for the Arts- Scarborough is seeking a qualified instructor to teach piano instruction, and possibly other music instruction.
Music lessons are typically booked in the afternoons from about 3:00pm to 6:30pm depending on instructor availability and the numbers of students booked. We have space available for instruction on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and/or Fridays.
Fiddlehead Staff handles recruitment and scheduling of students, lesson dates and make up lessons. We strive to eliminate gaps in instructor schedules so that you have back-to-back lessons on the day you teach with us.
The music instructor would be responsible for planning and executing lessons for students.
Instructors who would feel comfortable with music instruction other than piano are encouraged to apply. Our facility currently offers lessons for piano, voice, violin, viola, guitar, bass, and ukulele. Please Note: Our facility is not well suited for brass instruments or drums.
Salary: Starting at $40 per hour
Part-time: approximately 2-10 hours per week based on instructor availability
General Function: Our private music instructors provide music lessons about how to sing or play a musical instrument to pupils, both adults and children. Typical teaching hours are 3pm to 6/6:30pm.
- 2+ Years experience teaching private lessons (preferred but not required)
- Proficient with piano, violin and/or voice instruction
- Have or pursuing degree in music/music education (Experience can be substituted for education.)
- Experience working with students of all ages and skill levels
- Qualified applicants will be reliable and able to make a long-term (12+ Months) commitment.
- planning and preparing lessons in relation to individual pupils’ needs
- acquiring appropriate teaching materials and resources
- motivating pupils and encouraging progress
- liaising with Fiddlehead staff and parents
- assessing pupils’ abilities, providing feedback and writing reports
- assist arranging songs for the performances during Fiddlehead recitals
- keeping accurate records for lessons
Contact Information to Apply:
Fiddlehead Center for the Arts Scarborough
Phone: (207) 883-5720
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant. Because of a need to remain responsive to the needs of our clients and our operations, responsibilities may be modified at any time.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $40.00 /hour