|Music Application||Music instructor-application
Please submit completed application OR cover letter, resume and references to:
226 Gorham Road
Scarborough, ME 04074
Piano, Violin, Voice Instructor
Posted August 25 2017
Fiddlehead Center for the Arts- Scarborough is seeking a qualified instructor to teach Violin/Fiddle, Piano and Voice instruction from about 3:00pm to 6:00pm (depending on the numbers of students booked) on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and/or Fridays.
We have a number of Piano, Fiddle and Violin students ready to fill into your schedule! Preferential treatment will be given to applicants who are qualified to teach both Violin and Piano.
Organization:The goal of Fiddlehead Center for the Arts Scarborough is to provide a safe, engaging after-school setting where students can expand their creative abilities and knowledge. Fiddlehead offers a rich and high quality enrichment curriculum in Science, Music and Art.
The Fiddlehead Music Program offers 30 minute to 1 hour private music lessons for students of all ages. We have music all year, but school year lessons are most popular. We have 32 weeks of music offered during the school year, but do not hold lessons on school breaks, holidays, snow days for Scarborough Schools, or scheduled no-school days for Scarborough Schools. Besides scheduled lessons, the instructor should be available for make up lessons, which are held at the end of each music session. Fiddlehead Staff handles recruitment and scheduling of students, lesson dates and make up lessons. We strive to eliminate gaps in instructor schedules so that you have back-to-back lessons each day you teach with us. The music instructor would be responsible for planning and executing lessons for students.
If qualified to teach instruments besides piano, violin/fiddle, and voice please specify when applying.
Please Note: Our facility is not well suited for brass instruments or drums.
Salary: Starting at $30 per hour
Part-time: approximately 6-10 hours per week
Our private music instructors provide music lessons about how to sing or play a musical instrument to pupils, both adults and children. Typical teaching hours are 3pm to 6/6:30pm.
- 2+ Years experience teaching private lessons (preferred but not required)
- Proficient with piano, violin and/or voice instruction
- Have or pursuing degree in music/music education (Experience can be substituted for education.)
- Experience working with students of all ages and skill levels
- Qualified applicants will be reliable and able to make a long-term (12+ Months) commitment.
- planning and preparing lessons in relation to individual pupils’ needs
- acquiring appropriate teaching materials and resources
- motivating pupils and encouraging progress
- liaising with Fiddlehead staff and parents
- assessing pupils’ abilities, providing feedback and writing reports
- assist arranging songs for the performances during Fiddlehead recitals
- keeping accurate records for lessons
Contact Information to Apply:
Fiddlehead Center for the Arts Scarborough
Phone: (207) 883-5720
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant. Because of a need to remain responsive to the needs of our clients and our operations, responsibilities may be modified at any time.